Exporting Products To Google Base
How do I export all my products from my store and then import them to Google Base?
At your store:
1. Go to 'Products & Categories -> Products -> Download List'.
2. Select the "Google Base (RSS2.0 Format) "Download Mode".
3. Click on the "Download" button to download the XML file.
4. At the download page, right-click the "Products" link and "Save Target As..." (in IE) to your PC. Name the file "products.xml" or something similar (anything goes, as long as the extension is ".xml". Best NOT to use any spaces in the product name.
At Google Base:
5. Click on the "Bulk upload files" link.
6. Click on the "New Bulk upload" button.
7. Enter "products.xml" (without the double quotes, of course) (or whatever your chosen XML file name was) in the "File name" text box.
8. From the "Choose an existing type..." select box, choose "Products".
9.Click on the "Register bulk upload file and continue to formatting instructions >>" button.
10. Don't do anything on the next page, EXCEPT scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, and then click the "I'm done formatting my file. Continue to upload >>" button.
11. Click the "upload file" link at the "Uploads" column of the file you've just registered.
12. Upload the XML file.
||: Managing Products
||: 29-11-2007 03:16AM