Adding on Products
The Add product page is one long one! Can you tell what each field is for?
1) On your Admin Control Panel, click on Products > Add/Edit.
2) SEO Wizard basically helps you to rank your page better. It asks what primary keywords you would like to target and then help check the content of the page to see if it's SEO friendly.
3) Available Categories - First, you have to know where you want to place the product. With that select from the Available Categories that you have initially created.
4) Next give the product a Name.
5) Product Headline is basically something that is more catchy - "The Amazing Silver Ware Cleaner". This will replace the Product Name when you view it in the Product page itself.
6) Product Page Title - This is what appears on the top of your browser screen. Usually you will see Internet Explorer - Untitled if you're using IE. You can give that page a name, perhaps using the keywords that you're targeting for that product.
7) Product Description - This is pretty much self explanatory. Type in the description for the product here.
8) Product Notes - You can ignore this one. This will appear below the images and above the description when you're viewing it in the product page mode. We have this field for those who wants to add on extra stuff that is separate from the description.
9) Manufacturer's Number - This is the unique code for the product. If you're selling books, this will be the ISBN number.
10) Manufacturer's Name - You can include the name if you want or leave it blank if you don't want to.
11) Manufacturer URL - Again, it's optional.
12) UPC - Unique Product Code. This field is basically for those who uploads their product to Amazon for the Amazon feed. So again, it's optional as with MPN.
13) Product Price - Clearly it's the price for your product. :)
14) Product Cost Price - The cost price for your product. How much you're getting it for from your suppliers.
15) Show as A New Product? - This is actually a feature for the product. By default we will have it turned on to By Date added. This means that for a fix period of time, your product will have a blinking NEW tag next to it. To activate this feature, you will need to click on Feature Settings for your store. Again, you have a lot of features here but the key is to focus and just look for what you want to work on. You can slowly piece all the other things together as you go along.
16) You can ignore the top and bottom description. It basically is for those guys who want to fully utilize the product page and we added different sections so that they can format it differently. Just to try it out, what you can do is add on some text to these field. Then you can see exactly where it will show up.
17) Blow Up Image, Large Image and Small Images. Basically these are images that represent your products. Blow up is the one that pop ups when you click on the large image. Large Image is what shows up on the product page itself and Small Image is the thumbnail images.
18) Product Video - This will be useful if you would like to do a video demo of your product or your supplier provides you with one, then you can upload the video for your product.
19) Tax Module - You can set if the product is taxable or not - You will need to also set up the tax and configure them if you plan to levy taxes on customers from a particular state.
20) Shipping Module - State if you would like to charge shipping and give the product a weight. If you're basing it on quantity purchased or sales dollars, then you can just state the weight as 0.
21) Inventory module - It's again optional. If you would like to keep track of inventory, then you can select by Product, state how many pieces of the product there is and if you would allow your customers to order even if there is No Stock.
22) Product Customization - Say if you sell clothes and it comes in different sizes and colors, then you will have to use this Product Customization module. Size and Color would make 2 Customization Types and you can select if your customers will have to select the options before they can proceed to check out. For this module, you will fill in the basic information here. Once you hit on Add Product, you will be asked to fill in the option group name, the option names and if there will be additional charges for the options and also, you can upload different images for the options. If you do not have the need for this, SKIP this entirely!
23) Product Personalization - This is optional as well. Say if you're again selling T-shirts and your customers can personalize their T-Shirts. You can add on a textbox for them to enter their name for the t-shirt here. Again, more information is required once you hit on Add Products.
24) Download Product - Will you be selling any ebooks or downloadable items? If yes, then you will have to utilize this module. Select Yes for Product Downloadable and then Yes if you want to allow them to download the product immediately after payment is approved. Again, after you hit on Add Product, you will be requested to upload the eBook for your customers to download.
25) Agreement Module - This is to add on an agreement for the products sold. It usually goes hand in hand with the downloadable module.
26) Minimum Order Quantity - You can state if you need your customers to purchase at least 3 of these items before they can check out with it. By default, the value is 1.
||: Managing Products
(Sui Sim, Goh)
||: 28-10-2009 02:52AM